The Sales Complexity Assessment
Do you have too much complexity in your sales organization? Ask yourself these questions:
- Do your salespeople understand how to do everything being asked of them?
- Do your sales process and methodology cause confusion among your salespeople or sales managers?
- Are your salespeople using anything they learned in their last sales training workshop?
- Do your sales managers manage their sales teams using a common rigor, cadence, and discipline? Is it simple?
- Do you have an overly complex account planning program or spreadsheet?
- Do you have the right sales automation dashboards? Do your sales managers know how to use them to drive the right behaviors within the sales team?
- Do your salespeople complain about spending more time filling out forms than selling?
- Is your sales compensation plan too complex? Do your salespeople know how much they will make before the sales is made?
- Are all customer facing roles aligned with all others?
- Are your salespeople mired in organizational complexity?
- Are your key performance indicators and incentives driving the right behavior?
- Is CRM a management tool or a tool to help salespeople sell more?
- Are your salespeople hiding opportunities because sales management uses CRM as a weapon?